CopperRing2Mark.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 504
  • CopperRingClean.jpg
    CopperRingClean.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 316
  • CopperRingWidth.jpg
    CopperRingWidth.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 320
Sorry no help just wanted to say that is a Great looking ring!!! Keep it up!!! Chug

Looks like an A with a Arrow through it to me!!!

Upvote 0
Nice ring. Are you sure it is copper? Looks pretty good for being in salt. Just a thought as it might make a difference if you know the alloy.

Daryl

Upvote 0
Thanks Chug. Yes, it could be an "A." There is either a 6 or a 9 beside the makers mark that doesn't show on the pic.

Daryl, Yes, it is copper. If you'll look at the first picture you can see how crungy it was when I found it. I soaked it over night in lemon juice, and it was still dark brown in color with a little copper peaking through on the edges. I later added salt to the lemon juice, then tried perxiode. It was already scratched from being in the sand/surf, so I used a Dremel with a scouring pad, and that removed the caked on brown patina.

Breezie

Upvote 0
Makes sense. When you said before and after pictures, I was expecting the stuff you removed before taking the picture.

Daryl

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It looks like a match to me but apparently Brady and Breezie are not convinced.

Uncas used both the arrow through mark and the arrow on both sides.
They are both Uncas marks..

Upvote 0
Yep, I'm now convinced it is Uncas, and they used both symbols. Nice ID Mike :hello2: Thanks to all. Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back