Copper plate (tag)

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this tag today it says Made especially for, on top and the middle has a name of WANDA NEE then at the bottom it has a business name of LANDMARK tried to look it up but received all off the wall hits. 100_4851.JPG100_4854.JPG It was found in a soccer field about 9 inches down, Before it was soccer field it was farmland, Dos Palos Ca. for references on name.County would be Merced Ca.

Last edited:
Any Ideas on what it came off of??????????????Toy??????????????Bike?or possibly an age this ground is rock solid so I think it has been there quite awhile.

Upvote 0
Only letters I'm confident on

Made especially for
wanda N_E
andmark

andmark is most likely Landmark
N could be NEE or NEC

100_4851.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Back-of-the-Boat - Can we see the Back-of-the Plate?

How was it fastened on to whatever is came off of?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Can not see any fastening points maybe top and both sides but nothing obvious here are new pics back and front,100_4871.JPG100_4872.JPG I straightened it out so it is easier to read.

Upvote 0
I wonder if it's not a tag from a custom made piece of furniture?

I'm thinking so also, maybe like a hutch or something along those lines.

Upvote 0
Would a woman want her name on a piece of furniture? Maybe...

I'm wondering if it is a dash plaque from a car. From back in the day when you could go to a dealership and order a car "Made especially for" you. The font looks like 20's - 40's to me. Landmark could be a car dealership? There is a Landmark Dodge in Sonora today. Just guessing...

DCMatt

Upvote 0
the more I look closely , the more I think her full name as WANDA NEE.
that would also Center it.

I don't see any hint of letters after & I would think there would be at least one full Letter or good hint of one
still visible after.
( nee is usually used for adding a woman's maiden name after her married name.
but nee is usually in lower case in that use)

as for furniture , the only thing I can think would have been made especially for a Girl
would be a Hope Chest or casket . However I can't find any furniture with Landmark.

other option would be it was not only made especially for her But Only for her.
perhaps by a relative who happen to have a Landmark plate laying around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this is going to become a cold case not for lack of trying, I appreciate your help, but with it being so specific to 1 person, It might be a one off type of item.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back