All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 92
  • photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    356.9 KB · Views: 92
How big is it? Looks like a fancy zipper tab!

I should have laid something next to it in the pic for size reference. My buddy found it so i just retained a pic. 4" x 1" x 3/16". It was found in southern SC around a place where plantation life and CW relics abound.

Upvote 0
A Chinese spade coin is what it appears to be, but I believe the condition would point to it being a replica of such a thing, as these were from nearly 2000 years ago... But as always I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
looks like a long square foot spade to me. this was masked by some trash and rang out when trash removed. it has some genuine wear traits on it and spanish cobs have been found here why not chinese coins. will do more research. thanks, I would have never got to here without help. I hope to give back one day.

HH

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 8.57.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 8.57.12 AM.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
If it is,its the first I have seen dug in N.A,thats what it appears to be though

Upvote 0
we have hooked another one for metal detecting. It was the guys second time out with a detector, Sunday being his first. He is using an old garrett gta 1000 with a 12" hothead coil. It was my first detector. I think he likes it. I managed to find dozens of shotgun brass, bullets and one round ball.

Many thanks to this forum and HH everyone.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back