Copper Cameo

CoachNH

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2003
Nashua, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic IDX
I haven't been here for quite a while. My work and home life have been keeping me busy.

Went on vacation this past week to Maine and found this copper cameo on the beach. It was located during low tide.

Would anyone know what it went to and maybe the era? To me it looks like it might have been on a jewelry box or something, being held in the four places denoted by the tabs.

Any ideas?

P7240071-Resized.jpg

Upvote 0
beautiful piece coach!! WTG!! HH

Excellent find!

HH

Lonewolfe

wow thats awesome looking, i'm guessing it's from probably mid 1800's or earlier, where in maine did you find that ? , you don't have to be exact, i'm just curious about the area, as i think i had seen a find similar to that before. i think it was on here that i had seen it, maybe someone else here remembers seeing one similar to it.

how big is it ? could you post a pic with a coin or something to give it some scale ? is there any thing on the back of it ?. thanks.

Pat.

Its a link in a bracelet, prolly really old. Congrats, you should try to find the rest of the links ;)

lobsterman said:
wow thats awesome looking, i'm guessing it's from probably mid 1800's or earlier, where in maine did you find that ? , you don't have to be exact, i'm just curious about the area, as i think i had seen a find similar to that before. i think it was on here that i had seen it, maybe someone else here remembers seeing one similar to it.

how big is it ? could you post a pic with a coin or something to give it some scale ? is there any thing on the back of it ?. thanks.

Pat.

Pat,

I found it at York Beach. I was just walking around in the low tide area and got a beep. I started digging and voila! It was about 4" - 6" down. I'm glad I didn't jam it with my scoop.

It is 2 inches in diameter and there are no markings on the back that I could see. Maybe it is part of something else, I don't know.

Thanks for looking.

Jim

I've seen these before on choker style necklaces. Dates from the late 40's-50's. Probably originally had a silver or gold wash on it. Neat find.

VERY COOL FIND.

Looks Victorian to me.

CONGRATS !

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back