Copper/Bronze Ball Found in Texas

fostersu

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the early 80's my dad hit something with a lawnmower in San Antonio, TX. Turned out to be a roughly 6'' ball of, we assumed, copper - the lawnmower blade gouged the metal revealing something looking like cement under the roughly 3/8'' metal casing. Any thoughts or insights would be deeply appreciated. This is a 35 year family mystery!

CORRECTION - I REPOSTED WITH THE ACCURATE FINDING LOCATION: BAY SHORE, NY.

Last edited:
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
photo_camera.gif
2nd - Until a member pipes in - can get a photograph?

Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet.

Some more information will help to identify your item...
LIKE... a weight if possible... and some decent pictures of your item will also help.

Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
photo_camera.gif
2nd - Until a member pipes in - can get a photograph?

Thanks for the info! I wish I could post pictures - the item is at my folk's house so I won't have access to it for a few more weeks - I'll repost then if need be

Upvote 0
Hello and thanks for the welcome - I will work on getting some good photos, but I don't have regular access to the item - its at my folk's place. What I CAN tell you is that its heavy, at least 10lbs.

Upvote 0
San Antonio you say, what part of town did this happen?

I found two at Bud Lake in San Antonio, then another 7 or 8 in the recharge zone back when they ran cattle on it and their where no stores there. Then about a dozen down on the beach.

Never figured out what they where either.

Upvote 0
San Antonio you say, what part of town did this happen?

I found two at Bud Lake in San Antonio, then another 7 or 8 in the recharge zone back when they ran cattle on it and their where no stores there. Then about a dozen down on the beach.

Never figured out what they where either.

Dang, that makes the mystery even bigger!! I was stationed in SATX, but never went out hiking and such. Had a hectic work schedule - got about 2.5 hours sleep per 24 hours! :sleepy2:

Upvote 0
Dang, that makes the mystery even bigger!! I was stationed in SATX, but never went out hiking and such. Had a hectic work schedule - got about 2.5 hours sleep per 24 hours! :sleepy2:

I bet, being a firefighter in SA is crazy man, you guys pile up a month of work in a week.

O never did find out what those where, now they are sitting on the back porch at the ranch in Junction, along with bunches of arrowheads. Never figured that one day arrowheads would be worth something either. That ranch is litered with them.

Upvote 0
Well this is embarrassing! Just got off the phone with my father who sent me some pictures and assessed the weight and size - I had my finding story off - it wasn't San Antonio, it was earlier before they moved there. I'm going to repost with more accurate information. Sorry!

Upvote 0
Being a firefighter at HQ ATC is NOT a fun job! Too much sleep-time, as the SP's were always the first on the scene, and always got any fires out with their little fire extinguishers! :BangHead:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back