• carve2.JPG
    carve2.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 279
  • carve.JPG
    carve.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0
AWESOME !!!

You are right ... the carved lead was a nice find indeed.

( as were all those bullets & Union buttons I see there in the photo !! )

Color me green ( with ENVY )

:o

way to go Dave nice haul.. heat wave what heat wave, just left Phoniex average temp last week 110, spent a week trapped at a Freightliner dealer/repair shop. was 143 degrees on the concrete, but it is a "dry" heat of course so is my oven at home too lol but a lot less humidity than VA
what part youof Va in?
HH vrent

Awesome digs dave!!Good luck with the rest.

man you found a PILE of bullets!! great finds!!

Way to go! Looks like a good day to me. 8) Imagine-150 year old dorito. ;) just kidding-wonder what it was carved for. ??? HH and get back out and post more.

Thanks Guys,
Vrent said:
what part youof Va in?
HH vrent

Fredericksburg, Va.....very fortunate to be surrounded by many Battlefields and Camps.

Dave

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds!? Would that be a CW site?? HH, Mike
Sorry Mike ,
Sure is Civil War. These were recovered in a Union camp of the 2nd Corp. They camped here during the staging of the Battle of Fredericksburg. There are many camps in the area from this period because General Burnside was shaking in his boots for near a year, scared to cross the Rappahannock and take the offensive as ordered by Lincoln . Maybe he had premonition of the slaughter about to take place.

Yikes ... you Rebels will NEVER come to grips, will you ? :D

It has been explained to me here in Mississippi, that the Mason-Dixon line is where the south took a leak & where the north came for a drink of water. :o

GREAT FINDS though .... wish there was a CW campground or Battlefield closer to where I reside.

excellent finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back