Cool silver bracelet. Wish i knew how old it was

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in a spot today that I'm overwhelmed with signals at. I've found that old farmhouses are almost always extremely trashy and coins are few and far between. I wasn't hearing any beautiful signals so I started digging a couple signals that kinda resembled a silver coin. Out popped this silver bracelet. Wasn't terribly deep, maybe 4 inches. Kinda looks like some hippy jewelry with turquoise that I've seen but who knows. I sifted through the dirt for the stone but had no luck. Any info on the bracelet if you can make out the makers mark is appreciated

image-1389954715.jpg

image-1781486466.jpg

image-838288966.jpg

Upvote 6
I don't have a clue as to the age, but it's a great find

Not sure on the age but a great find....if there's tons of targets you may want to hit it in coin mode first and thin out the targets and then keep dropping the discrimination and go after the mid range targets later.

Regards + HH

Bill

Looks Navajo and would have had a nice turquoise mounted...nice find!

Nice find ! Your bracelet is certainly in the Navajo style , It may have been made by Bell trading co. (Albuquerque ,NM. I think )
I'd guess the piece was made circa 1950's - 70's . As Romeo suggested the center would most likely have had a turquoise setting.
While it is not that unusual to find jewelry missing a stone , what I do find strange here is that I don't even see the bezel !? the
decorative surround is completely intact , but where is the bezel ?

Congrats! Nice design! :hello2: :occasion18:

I enlarged the pic -- looks like maybe the maker took a planned "shortcut" by gluing a stone in, would explain why no bezel.
:dontknow: Andi

I agree with romeo-1 and the stone probably was turquoise . Congrats. HH!

indian tourist item...probably the mid 1960's...missing the turquoise...{ yes, looks Navajo..but}
the sterling stamp implies it is not a native made object...

a close up of the stone mount, side, and reverse could help me identify it for you....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back