Conversations with a teller...

RUSSIANPAUL

Apr 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I stop by TD today to dump dimes and halves.

I see an older gentelman at one of the 2 machines unwrapping rolls of quarters and dumping them into a machine. He has a whole system going with several tickets already printed out, empty coin wrappers lined up, etc. Two things go through my head. They are all silver quarters and they are all MINE, or he is a CRH. Apparently he was using both machines at a time as there is a disgruntled teller taking away full bags form one of the machines.

So i go to the machine, dump my coins, check the magnet ( a couple of canadian quarters) and go to turn in the receipt.

I get the teller who was helping the fella with the quarters so i decide to be friendly.

Me: Guy had a whole bunch of quarters, huh?
Teller: I F'N hate that guy.
Me: Oh?
Teller: He is one of those guys who searches for silver. He comes in here, dumps all the coins, ties up the machine for like an hour. Causes a line. Pain in the ass.
Me: Oh? Why would he unwrap the rolls at the machine?
Teller: I dont know. Not only does he do that, but he opens the top, and takes all the "silver".
Me: You can open the top? ( At this point i am confused and think that there are silver coins i am unaware of that get stuck in some magical part of the machine)
Teller: You take off the top, and the "silver" coins get stuck to the magnet. He takes those too.

So after this fun conversation, i go back to his machine just for the hell of it, and check the magnet. Get a whole bunch of coins from Aruba and China. This magnet was really strong, so i think the guy just couldnt pry the coins off of the magnet.

P.S. Sir if you are on this thread, can you please not unwrap the coins at the machine? Now i know why i get dirty looks when i come in with the halves and only drop about $200 worth.

Upvote 0
It's is not I...but I wonder why he takes the time to re-roll the coins just to unwrap them and dump them. Are they clear rolls or perhaps he has cut a slit to rim-check?

Anyway, if you can find the make and model of that "silver-magnet" let me know, I want one of those. ;D

These are shutgun rolls. Since i dont CRH quarters, i am not really sure which ones they are. I think that he just goes to another bank, and dumps them at TD and just has the machine seperate out the silver for him. Ultimate in lazyness if you ask me.

RUSSIANPAUL said:
So I stop by TD today to dump dimes and halves.

I see an older gentelman at one of the 2 machines unwrapping rolls of quarters and dumping them into a machine. He has a whole system going with several tickets already printed out, empty coin wrappers lined up, etc. Two things go through my head. They are all silver quarters and they are all MINE, or he is a CRH. Apparently he was using both machines at a time as there is a disgruntled teller taking away full bags form one of the machines.

So i go to the machine, dump my coins, check the magnet ( a couple of canadian quarters) and go to turn in the receipt.

I get the teller who was helping the fella with the quarters so i decide to be friendly.

Me: Guy had a whole bunch of quarters, huh?
Teller: I F'N hate that guy.
Teller: He is one of those guys who searches for silver. He comes in here, dumps all the coins, ties up the machine for like an hour. Causes a line. Pain in the ass.
Me: Oh? Why would he unwrap the rolls at the machine?
Teller: I dont know. Not only does he do that, but he opens the top, and takes all the "silver".
Me: You can open the top? ( At this point i am confused and think that there are silver coins i am unaware of that get stuck in some magical part of the machine)
Teller: You take off the top, and the "silver" coins get stuck to the magnet. He takes those too.

So after this fun conversation, i go back to his machine just for the hell of it, and check the magnet. Get a whole bunch of coins from Aruba and China. This magnet was really strong, so i think the guy just couldnt pry the coins off of the magnet.

P.S. Sir if you are on this thread, can you please not unwrap the coins at the machine? Now i know why i get dirty looks when i come in with the halves and only drop about $200 worth.

where is the magnet located that you checked? i want to know so when i go to the supermarket i can check the coin star machine... thanks

I hate dumbass CRH's

I went to a Chase..."yeah we have $700.00". Skunk alarms going off, "I'll take $100".

Sure enough they are rerolled String wrappers. And 3 out of the 10 rolls were short. One roll was short 2 half dollars!!!! Are ya joking me??

I almost made a post then, because I was so heated about it....

Seriously thoughy, I hate dumbass CRH's. And if you short your dumps...you need to go choke on a bottlecap. JUST DONT DO IT

-GH

Doing the searching right at the machine....wow, why didn't I think of that? All that time I spent taking them home and making another trip the next day to another bank. That man is a genius!!! I'm sure if I explained to the tellers that I was looking for silver at face value, they would have no problem changing out the bags every 10 minutes. All those people lined up behind me will be cool with it once I explain why I am holding them up. Fool proof.

MU

Last time I checked silver was not attracted to magnets. I don't understand what he is doing, can someone please explain further?

huntcoinsdotcom said:
Goldmanford said:
It's is not I...but I wonder why he takes the time to re-roll the coins just to unwrap them and dump them. Are they clear rolls or perhaps he has cut a slit to rim-check?

Anyway, if you can find the make and model of that "silver-magnet" let me know, I want one of those. ;D

I bet he is searching and dumping at the same time

that is exactly what he is doing. he must have a big account to tolerate that

More idiots....

Well I went to the TD today, too. Fool in front of me had a box FILLED, yes Filled with halves. The box was big enough to ship 2 basketballs in side by side. The machine was one that filled at $100, so the teller has a "row" of bags that are filled already. I kind of gave him (the CRH) a dirty look, then left. He had to have like $3000 he was dumping. The teller was pi$$ed-big time. I didn't bother to wait.

It's low IQ fools like this that are going to cause this hobby great pains......

skelly9131 said:
Last time I checked silver was not attracted to magnets. I don't understand what he is doing, can someone please explain further?
It's not, unless physics have changed over the past 30 years. Perhaps he is just edge searching as he is dumping. There's usually not a lot of silver quarters to be found - based on the reports here.

Everyone says "Don't dump where you buy" so what's the problem? Oh, he's dumping at "YOUR" branch!!! Fuggitaboutit! Get over it!

Glad to have read this. I will usually dump $500 halfs, or dimes at TD at one time. Use two branches in my area so don't burn them out to much. Did $1000 quarters the other day and thank goodness I didn't cause a bag change. They have had to change the bags for me a good bit, but always the folks have been very genial about it. Think it is time to bring in some candy bars like I do at the banks I get coins from. No, I don't buy from TD, just dump there.

I always look through everything first and go in with it loose and ready to deploy into the machine and clear from it as fast as possible. One of the machines has kicked out some silver dimes for me in that I missed. That was nice, ha.

tgcougar said:
skelly9131 said:
It's not, unless physics have changed over the past 30 years. Perhaps he is just edge searching as he is dumping. There's usually not a lot of silver quarters to be found - based on the reports here.

Everyone says "Don't dump where you buy" so what's the problem? Oh, he's dumping at "YOUR" branch!!! Fuggitaboutit! Get over it!

I don't really care if there are 1,000 people all standing in front of me dumping their CRH coins. But dont tie up the line and unwrap the rolls at the machine. Thats just ignorant.

WOW,

Nothing like going up to the teller, buying a box of dimes and then turn around and ripp them at the machine in the same lobby. I'd be pissed too if I worked there.

Great time saver though....LOL

Trench

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back