Convenience Store Clerk Shoots Armed Robber, Leading to His Capture

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Convenience Store Clerk Shoots Armed Robber, Leading to His Capture

OCTOBER 22*2013
BY*DAN CANNON

The suspect’s gun was already in his face when the clerk at a NC convenience store pulled his own gun and opened fire.

Joshua Chamberlain, 22, of Winterville, NC was shot once in the arm by the clerk. He then immediately fled the store.

Police were able to arrest Chamberlain when he sought aid for his injuries at a nearby home.

Other convenience store owners in the area support the clerk’s actions, and make it clear that armed robbery in their area will not be tolerated. According to*WNCT,

“They should think twice before they do it.” Foruq Saleh the owner of the Speed Mart on Hooker Street says his mind set changed last year after the much-reported Farmville murders.

A group came in a convenience store and killed 3 of his cousins. “After losing three family members it makes me think, I wouldn’t wait, I wouldn’t hesitate.”

A bystander, said to be a friend of the clerk’s was also shot during the incident. He is expected to make a full recovery. It is unclear if he was shot by the suspect or victim.

Chamberlain is being held on a $250,000 bond.

[Video] Convenience Store Clerk Shoots Armed Robber, Leading to His Capture

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back