Confederate Bullets I Found Today In Dalton GA.!!!

88junior

Feb 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270 with 5", 8",5x10",10-1/2",12" HotHead Coils, Fisher CZ-5 with 8",10-1/2" coils, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I done pretty good for a couple hours of hunting and beating off the mosquitoes and ticks! I believe the one big bullett is a .69 caliber French Confederate bullett first one I have ever found are these rare? I would have hunted longer but I about needed a blood transfusion, I have never seen that many man eaters flying around me before next time I go the repellent will be with me!! I just got this Fisher 1270 and I had to try it out, I believe its definetly a keeper!!! I had the 10-1/2" coil on it, and the bulletts were any wheres from 3 -11" deep.

Attachments

• bullet1.jpg
    bullet1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 431
  • bullet2.jpg
    bullet2.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0
I thought I done pretty good for a couple hours of hunting and beating off the mosquitoes and ticks! I believe the one big bullett is a .69 caliber French Confederate bullett first one I have ever found are these rare? I would have hunted longer but I about needed a blood transfusion, I have never seen that many man eaters flying around me before next time I go the repellent will be with me!! I just got this Fisher 1270 and I had to try it out, I believe its definetly a keeper!!! I had the 10-1/2" coil on it, and the bulletts were any wheres from 3 -11" deep.

Great finds. So far Chattanooga is kinda sucking. All the places I have been hunting have been hunted out.

Great finds. So far Chattanooga is kinda sucking. All the places I have been hunting have been hunted out.
Dalton rocks as far as places to hunt , more spread out and , in my opinion , a more interesting place to hunt .

Mac

Cool finds! I used to live on Dug Gap Mtn years ago and I've only found a few 3 ringers and a cool spur. I would love to go back and hunt with my newest detector though. I now live in middle GA where the closest "battle" was fought in Griswoldville and Macon. :( I guess the possibilities are endless up there with Rocky Face, Dalton, Tunnel Hill and Picket's Mill in Dallas, GA :cool:

The 1270 is a great treasure finder, nice choice! I love the French .69!

Steve

Dalton rocks as far as places to hunt , more spread out and , in my opinion , a more interesting place to hunt .

Mac

I have only hunted in GA once so far. Didn't have any luck. I need to make my way to the Dalton area. I don't like to venture to far south on my own. I live 20 Mins north of Chattanooga, so if I drive an hour to hunt I want to make sure I got somewhere to go and not just flying blind. Maybe one day before I leave for Fort Bragg I can get out there.

I live in Ringgold GA and would love to try out my new Garrett 350. Where do you go to hunt in Dalton?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back