mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am now completely frozen in. It has been in the minus degrees here in Oh for the last 2 days. woke up yesterday with no water it is frozen. Found out some ___ unplugged the heat tape when they was winterizing my trailer this summer without telling me. So now I am waiting for the pipes to Anthea. All of you that can get out good luck MDing....mlayers

sorry to hear about that. I used to keep a old hand held hair dryer around and a piece of plywood just for such emergency's. plug it up turn it on point it toward the pipes and make sure it wont turn over go back in the house and water's running again in a under an hour

well am half way unthaw. I have water in the front bathroom and the kitchen plus half of the back bathroom. No water in the tub and sink at least I got water in one bathroom. Cross my fingers and hope for the other.

mlayers

You gotta get under there and check that stuff every fall to be sure. Back in our trailer days I replaced that heat tape every year just to be sure. Remembering a neighbor who left back in the mid 80's when we had some of the coldest winters I've seen. His pipe froze and broke and slow leaked until he had a block of ice under the trailer from side to side and end to end. Think it took until July to thaw....

Had two days of snow and freezing temps. About went crazy staying inside. Today it is sunny in the upper 50s and the snow is gone! Tomorrow I hunt. Don't see how you northern boys, and girls, go without detecting for months at a time.

Seajay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back