Complete Spencer cartridge.....my first!!!

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a great passion for digging Civil War relics. I've dug these cartridges before but just the brass cartridge ..never the complete thing so it's really cool to finally getting my first complete round. Whoo hoo!! Oh and the other 3 ringer was my first find today..hunted for 1 hour most.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 6
WTG !
That Spencer looks to be in great condition !

Thxs..it is. I did put a little diggers kiss on the brass ..but I'll fix that up as this is going in my personal collection.

Way to go guy..... I haven't made any great finds yet with my MD... still learning here. But I did find a lead ball from a muzzleloader near my driveway that really surprised me lately. But, again GREAT JOB diggerdeeper... Later... Brad

Nice find. :icon_thumleft: Just be careful, I've heard they can go off after drying out. :dontknow:

thats a real beauty wtg

First are always the coolest.
Congrats!
HH!

Way to go guy..... I haven't made any great finds yet with my MD... still learning here. But I did find a lead ball from a muzzleloader near my driveway that really surprised me lately. But, again GREAT JOB diggerdeeper... Later... Brad

Thxs brad,
By the way, been reading your thread. As has been suggested you really should be digging and sifting at the entrance to the cave..my guess is no white man has sit foot in there..only native if that..you should find out soon by digging. Keep us posted and good luck!
Johnny
Jpro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back