compass relic magnum 6 help

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
Hello, I have been having a great time with my dfx for past two years but really would like someone to hunt with so when I came across an old compass machine for free I thought I might be able to fix it for a friend.The problem seems to be in the on switch /pot.Power does not seem to be getting to pcb.I have tried contacting compass(Steve Goss) and Keith [email protected]dnet to no success.I know this thing works as I can jump voltage around switch to board and get some audio.Does anyone have info on this part for replacement or schematic or operator manual??I hope so Thanks

I have a Compass Relic Magnum 6 also ,bought it new too many years ago to remember .It was the best detector that I ever had,thats why I didn' throw it away when the same thing happened to it as did to yours. I hope to get it fixed someday,if I don'tI'll still keep it as its been good to me. At fort Piano overlooking Keyser WV I found unfired grapeshot at 13 inches and at the old Riverside Park near Morgantown WV I found mercury dines around the swingsets at 11 inches .Both of those sites had been worked over long before I got there,just had to listen for the wispers in the headphones. If you can get that RM6 working and spend the time to get used to it you will be amazed at what it can do.If you find someone to fix yours let me know where to get mine fixed. Good Luck!

Found some good guys in Texas ; East Texas Metal Detectors,1495 FM 49 ,Gilmer TX 75644 903-734-7773 They have a slew of old parts for many brands of detectors and the are reasonable and pretty fast . Good Luck Bob

Thanks guys,I have sent away for a manual from the guys in Texas.We put in another switch,seperate from the volume control which works fine.Schematics would have been nice but I will be happy just to get the settings right.Any tips how to beef up performance Ie. depth,discrimination ect would be greatly appreciated.I have many electronic components at my disposal.Thanks again to all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back