Comparing the 1911 ACP with the Glock

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take the 1911 anyday,combat proven through three wars.I like its feel,its handling.Plastic doesnt belong on combat firearms.

I gues it depends on what you are comfortable with.

I have carried a Kimber pro carry and a Glock 19 interchangeably.
I would feel comfortable with either.
Too much crap has been spouted about "stopping power" and macho swagger about "My gun are more gooder than yours"
Would YOU like to get shot with ANYTHING?
I just helped arm an older female relative.
With what? A H&R .22 revolver.
But she is confident with it.
I gave her CCI velocitors, so far the best I have found in that caliber.
She is well armed with 9 rounds of .22
You just have to realize what you are carrying (safety in cond. 1 or no safety)

I carry the Kimber with 240 grain jacketed round nose and the Glock 19 with 124 grain +P Gold Dots and a +2 Scherer base plate.

Something I have learned... When things get dicey, your motor skills take a crap. Aim just above the belt and keep squeezing as fast as you can til the threat goes away.

Last edited:
This is an interesting article. I still like my 1911. I tried shooting a double piper Glock and didn't like the grip, but the 1911 just fits.

I have to agree Boats.

the 1911 DOES feel nice.
But I like both.

Though I never carried the glock or the 1911,I used .41 magnum.
Yeah, that'll do it.
:)

A very underrated gun.
I picked up a S&W model 66 pretty cheap,and I am starting to like wheelguns in general.
I shot that sucker at dusk with a hot Cor Bon .357 load this fall.
Holy cow, it was like a flamethrower.

Yeah it is.I used the ruger blackhawk.It could take a heavier handload than the doubleactions.So much so that some of my shell casing were becoming distorted.Whoops lol.Time to back off the powder charge.I didnt have a chronograph but i know some were reaching up there,probably in excess of 1600 fps with a 210 grain sjhp.Good all around pistol though especially if you handloaded.

After a 2 year backorder wait I just recently received my Keltec PMR 30 which is a very lightweight semi auto .22 magnum with a 30 round double stack magazine. It has almost no recoil and very accurate. It doesn't have the punch of my Ruger P85 but I'm more proficient with it and hey if you can't kill it with 30 rounds its probably just not going to die. :laughing7:

Last edited:
The angle on a grip for a Glock helps it to feed so reliably, I am no way a Glock fan boy but i have to admit they are well thought out guns. BUT how can you not love the look and feel of a 1911!? I have been keeping my eye out for a matching WW1 model.

Dixiegal- Where did you back order the PMR30!?
I keep looking and i can only find jokers wanting 850-1200 for them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back