Colorful heartbreakers....windy, no rain & bored...& question.....

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......actually never really get bored (or it is board?)...just forgot to post these :tongue3:....I've got more sherds but will have to take pictures. And maybe do a dance for rain, can't believe we still haven't had any.:sadsmiley:..... RSCN8136.JPG

And my question...while on a walk last weekend, found this feather tied to a string hanging from this big old tree....does it mean anything!? Oh, left the feather hanging there...just in case....

FSCN0291.JPG FSCN0299.JPG....thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Nice photos! As for the feather, it looks like a turkey feather, and may have been tied up near a trap set. Cats (wild or tame) are attracted by movement move than scent. Just saying that there just may be a trap set there near where you found it.

Last edited:
It is a turkey tail feather and may have been left there by a hunter who used it for a wind indicater.

Always good to be out if the weather is rite for it. Looks like you found a whole one in the mix. The brown one 2nd row on the right.

there sure is some nice colors in there,thanks for sharing kat

Kat I think Jon and Old digger could be on the right trail. Fur bearing animals are attracted to movement, I have trapped raccoons with a red bird feather and that is the way to keep check on the wind while hunting without moving yourself and nice finds:thumbsup:. I like that green stone

Thanks for the great info. on the feather you guys :thumbsup:....was wondering why it was there & now know! Some of those heartbreakers I've posted before, but wanted to put them all together because of the colors.

rock....really, that one you mentioned is a whole one...nice!

monsterrack....yes, I like the green colored one to, wish it had been whole. :(

...I :dontknow: ncnurseryman...and thanks GSKR :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back