Apr 4, 2013
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days of digging, Hitting the spot where I found the NC rev button. Been pounding that area hard... I did a first since I been detecting, Back to back days finding 1700s coins and found my oldest coin also, Beating the 1773 One Reale I dug about three years ago.

First day I found this 1769 King George III half penny. My oldest coin as of yet.
new homesite.. springbranch 014.JPG new homesite.. springbranch 015.JPG new homesite.. springbranch 010.JPG

All the best stuff I dug up on day one
new homesite.. springbranch 026.JPG 0131181504a.jpg 0131181503b.jpg new homesite.. springbranch 002.JPG

On 2nd day I dug this 1781 One Reale.
1781 one reale 009.JPG 1781 one reale 010.JPG 1781 one reale 023.JPG

All the best stuff on day two.
1781 one reale 022.JPG 1781 one reale 031.JPG 0201181548a.jpg

This is a unique find, I believe its part of a cuff-link?
1781 one reale 026.JPG 1781 one reale 027.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 34
Yes, part of a cuff-link, I believe these to be late 18th C.

Nice bunch of finds!!!

Great group of finds! Definitely Rev War era stuff. Love the floral cufflink. Is there anything on the other cufflink? Love that style watch winder. I have one very similar. To bad yours is broken, they are vey fragile. Also, congrats on the 1 real.

Fantastic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Great group of finds! Definitely Rev War era stuff. Love the floral cufflink. Is there anything on the other cufflink? Love that style watch winder. I have one very similar. To bad yours is broken, they are vey fragile. Also, congrats on the 1 real.

Talking about this? I flowery pattern look.
new homesite.. springbranch 005.JPG new homesite.. springbranch 006.JPG

Great finds and video!! What kind of detector are you using! I can’t make out the brand.

Very nice hunt and group of finds! Congratulations

great finds!

Some fine looking coins and relics !

~ Good day indeed ~ CMD

Looks like you have a great site there. Based on the quantity and quality of finds it doesn't appear to have been detected much if any before. Congrats!

Looks like you have a great site there. Based on the quantity and quality of finds it doesn't appear to have been detected much if any before. Congrats!
Thanks, very first day there was few months ago, When I found that NC Rev Button, I been there lots and haven't found to much until the last few days, Change the sittings on the deus and finding the deeper targets. I pounded that area to death, hoping for another rev button.. lol

Wow-that's a great bunch of colonial finds-congratulations! I'm not sure but the Hibernia might be a counterfeit. The bust looks different. It' in great condition-nice find.

Wow-that's a great bunch of colonial finds-congratulations! I'm not sure but the Hibernia might be a counterfeit. The bust looks different. It' in great condition-nice find.

It's definitely a counterfeit, and a nice one. The bust is not a match for one of the two that is possible, and it sort of looks like a combination of the young head and old head. I'd take that over the Spanish any day.

It's definitely a counterfeit, and a nice one. The bust is not a match for one of the two that is possible, and it sort of looks like a combination of the young head and old head. I'd take that over the Spanish any day.

So if its a counterfeit, Its more rare then the real thing? They made counterfeits back in 1700s? Found it at a 1700s homesite..

So if its a counterfeit, Its more rare then the real thing? They made counterfeits back in 1700s? Found it at a 1700s homesite..

Yes, and with that odd looking bust probably quite a bit rarer. A good % of George II and III halfpennies are counterfeit.

You east coast guys make me sick. Sick sick sick. I'm convinced this is the same 10 or 12 coins, that you guys send back and forth to each other. I'm going to be watching closely other posts, and .... I'll bet you these same coins show up on other's show & tell posts. Eh ? And then you even make these in-situ live videos, to cleverly make it look natural, blah blah . We're on to you. 'Fess up. :censored:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back