Colonial buckle frame, sugar cube tongs?, copper/silver brooch and misc relics.

Golden Pull-tab

Mar 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting skunked all week in my woodland expeditions, I finally got on some productive ground yesterday on a 3 hr after work hunt. Went back to the area I found nothing but a flat button and followed an old road for about half an hr, coming across some random stone walls in a pretty overgrown area of the woods. Spotted a small hill with a bunch of pine trees in an area where its 99% leafed trees and made a bee line for it since anything out of the ordinary on these old field reclaimed to forest areas is a possible sign of a productive site and finally got on some relics. Ended up digging a broken spoon, and strangely enough, 2 more broken spoons soon after, a couple of musket balls, flat button and what looks like a civil war era 2 ringer pistol bullet. Got a pretty nice signal on top of the hill and dug a piece of a shoe buckle frame, I actually found the middle part with the rusted tongue/teeth but misplaced it, I might have tossed it into my trash bag by accident, would have loved to find it whole since it looks pretty nice but no such luck, now I know how all the Brits feel finding all the buckles hit by plows "noo, Reginald! Don't go into the light! I'll find all your pieces and glue you together, you're gonna live, dammit!" Ended up digging a few more relics on the hill, something which looks like sugar cube tongs? Has "Jonsen"? on the bend with a smaller o above the O, swedish maker mark? Also dug a floral pattern buckle of some type and a Silver/copper brooch? that looks pretty interesting, I actually almost missed it as it was getting dark and I was on my way out, I was stepping over a fallen tree and and got a high tone, since the coil was about a foot off the ground I immediately thought it was the usual old can or lid but I had to step back and investigate, swung around a bit and the signal was a bit too clean to be a can, didn't have the usual wavy modulation the deus coughs up when its hitting cans/lids/flat iron bits. Still thought it was trash since the signal wasn't very tight , I I was hastingly digging it out, it's actually a miracle I didn't slice this thing in half with my digger, I guess the moral of the story is, if the signal is even remotely decent, dig carefully or you might regret it. Saw the glint of silver and a design and immediately thought "crap, I probably sliced it", but thankfully somehow I missed it. Didn't find any coins, actually I haven't got on any coins in the woods since february, the woods are pretty overgrown, alot of brambles, leaves and fallen trees/branches, plus the layer of leaves, hard to swing low andI'm kind of worried I'm missing alot of targets just below detection level. Not sure if I should maybe switch from the deus to sov, with either the shrew sniper coil and try to scrape the ground/ go around tree roots or just go with the 15 inch SEF and go as low as I can with it, try to brute force it with the awesome depth of the ol' bbs minelab+big coil.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • Bro 1.jpg
    Bro 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • bro 2.jpg
    bro 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 125
Upvote 10
Congratualtions on the nice relics! :occasion14:

VICTORIAN SASH BUCKLE HALF AND FINE BROOCH?????????????

Hi, those are some real nice relics you found. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back