Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which is pretty much what I've been up to lately. 70+ hr. weeks now but maybe tapering off next week a little. Took a few minutes this a.m. to check out how much snow we've had and looks like a bunch. It was 15 below just before I took the temp pic but apparently a warm front came through and pushed it up to 9 below, I guess. Hordes of people from every country you've ever heard of, even Texas, up here right now, but they've managed to stay remarkably safe. Hopefully we make through this holiday season with no deaths or serious injuries, which is a good deal. Happy New Year, y'all!

Attachments

• 12-31a.jpg
    12-31a.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 12-31b.jpg
    12-31b.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 12-31c.jpg
    12-31c.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 12-31d.jpg
    12-31d.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 68
Doesn't all them lights on the hitch rail bother the horses? Just joking, pretty pictures, but not for me. Spent one winter at Lake Tahoe, and that was enough for a lifetime.

Hey RGINN!! Neat Pictures and Thanks for Sharing!! Looks Pretty Chilly!! Suppose to be in the 70's down here today!! He He!! Have a Great New Year!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Happy New Year RGINN!!!

Thanks for the pics.

Stay warm brother.

Good luck'

Engine

Now that's a winter wonderland, very pretty it is....Got to -19 here last night. Clear sunny sky now that should take it up in to the +20's here soon they say.

That's very, very pretty! It's reminding me of my childhood (ranch, Canada) and I'm getting misty-eyed, although it may just be the cold affecting me. Stay safe, stay warm, and Happy New Year!

That first pic is of a place called 'Footes Rest', which is on the National Historic Register. It was originally an assay office back in the 1870's. It went on to be many things, among them a general store and post office. In the 40's the Foote family bought the place and ran a store, which eventually just shut down. Their grandson currently has the place, and instead of tearing it down for more condos or marijuana shops decided to keep it as it was and do some restoring. It's a little shop that sells ice cream and fudge, there's an outdoor dining area and in the summer they have live music every evening. I live about a block from there, and this is right along main street in Frisco. The coolest thing about it, I think, is that when Kelly Foote took the place over he left the TV antenna in place on top of the main building. You can see it to the right of the flag and above the chimney in the pic. And I can only imagine what sort of reception they got up here in the mountains before cable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back