110.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Picture 875.jpg
    Picture 875.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 340
  • Picture 878.jpg
    Picture 878.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
I believe that those are chinese coins. I am pretty sure that they are real. I have seen other people post finds of similar coins. I do not know if they are worth anything though, sorry.

Loren Farrar
Founder of http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Chinese cash coins, probably late 1800 to early 1900s. I wonder if that is an original rod the coins are on? I'd gladly give two bucks for them! HH, mike

Fro $2.00, even if they are not the real deal, it is still a cool find! Personally, I think they are the real deal. Not sure if they are coins or tokens of some sort, but they certainly do give the appearance of being old.

Great yard sale find!

Yep, those are Chinese Cash coins. They were made from B.C. up to 1911. They arent worth much individually, but you have quite a few of them there. Great find and congrats! HH!

Fox

Wow, and I was thrilled to find just one ! Those Chinese cash coins can be researched to find the date range from dynasty marks on one side and where they were made from mint marks on the other side. A world coins book will help, or search "Chinese coins" on the web.Your coins seem to come from diverse areas of China.Now I just gotta research about that rod that holds them!

Nice find GP! I found one in the ground Friday and did a little research. The square hole was dual purposed. It kept the coin from rotating while being filed after the minting process, and it was used for stringing coins on the rods you got. Think of the coins as pennies and someone wanted to sell you something for a dollar. You'd just hand him the rod with a hundred coins on it! Mine was the same as the coin in the first pic, second row, third from top. Here's a link that may help you ID them...http://www.sportstune.com/chinese/coins/idpage.html BTW, Chinese on one side and Arabic on the other. Great find to get them on the rods!!!~CO2 ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back