Coin....turrets..no date...any ideas?

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all,

Exciting beginning and end of a hunt.

I started with finding this unusual coin with no date...in a 1700s area then found pieces of fence, pull tabs and such. Just had a short time after work in the light rain.

When darkness fell I sat in the car and doused this coin with hand sanitizer to try to tell what it was. As I sat there, behind me there were red and blue lights flashing. A young officer asked if everything was alright..and I told him yes...I had been metal detecting. He asked if I had been drinking because he said it smelled like I had been. I was surprised and realized he was smelling the hand sanitizer and showed him. I also showed him a bullet I found..unshot...He said it was a 357 magnum. All the as good.

It seemed to take forever to get home to look this up. It is too clear and crisp to be old probably, but am curious as to what it is. I had found an1700s half penny in this area so was hopeful.

Any ideas what this is? I don't even know how to look it up!

Thanks so much! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508975007.746408.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508975019.958566.jpg

Wow nhbenz...you are good!Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back