Coin/Token Display

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
Here is a photo of a coin display frame I made a while back. This was just the prototype/experiment model. I do intend to remake it out of a hardwood with rounded edges and a finish.

I came up with this in order to be able to display coins and tokens where people could see both sides and the coins are still protected. I have done a lot of talks and public displays thru the years and displaying coins was always a problem. They have to be locked up in a case to prevent theft which makes them difficult to view. This method has solved it. When I do a talk I can actually pass this frame around with no worries.

It is basically two identical “picture frames”. The dado is slightly deeper then the plexiglass to allow for the thickness of the coins. I pressed in 10 fine threaded T nuts and secured them with long screws. It takes a minute or two to take it apart. The coins are in standard 2x2’s and plastic pages.

Of course it helps that I work in a shop with all the equipment and materials available.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
Nice frame, I like it. :icon_thumright:

Mainer

That looks nice! Looks like you also have some nice items on display as well.

Looks good but the usual problem of finds being a little harder to see having to look through both the case and 2x2. Some real good lighting I'm sure would help a lot.

The items are actually easy to see as long as there is reasonable lighting. They do not show up to well in the photo because I backlit it to show how it is made.

I keep in it a sampling of the different types of coins we generally run across. I also have a few foreign and a bunch of tokens. I label each one as most people do not know a seated dime from a standing liberty quarter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back