✅ SOLVED Coin people - Creepy Condor token? Verdail?

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMG_2287.JPGIMG_2288.JPG???

I can read the top first word i think is "Verdail" thats about it. the rest is too hard to read. any info would be appreciated.

size of a half dollar

after some thought, it the creepiness could be due to it being worn, but a logical guess could be Jesus Christ with Cloth behind it, Still WHAT IS IT.

Upvote 0
I think it is a religious token and the face is of Jesus Christ. You can see His 'crown of thorns.' I downloaded the pic of the back of your token and made out the word VERTAIM, which is Latin for 'turn.'

Most interesting find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Wonderful thank you Breezie! Yes absolutely positive after about 15 minutes and a few google image searches. Only thing i'm stumped about is what country and if possible a date?! Regardless indeed a wonderful find, new pocket piece.

*edit it is Copper. , and i'm thinking the word could probably be "Veritas" latin

no matches on the net except it being depicted on a coin from 1500 in a Vail depicting a scene, the exact same image

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wonderful thank you Breezie! Yes absolutely positive after about 15 minutes and a few google image searches. Only thing i'm stumped about is what country and if possible a date?! Regardless indeed a wonderful find, new pocket piece.

Yes, there are 100s of photos of Jesus: Crown of Thorns via Google made into charms, rosaries, tokens, etc.

As far as the date is concerned, it's almost impossible to put a date on a religious medal since they have been made for 100s of years and are still being made today.

Trying to tag the country may be as difficult as the date because religious tokens were made in various countries and many use(d) Latin, Spanish, and English.

At any rate, it's a neat find, and I feel sure the person who lost it carried it for many years, perhaps it was carried through many generations. It's good to know you're going to continue the tradition.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
I take that. Thanks for the input. case solved

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back