✅ SOLVED Coin or Token

scrapmagnet

Sep 18, 2023
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
After clearing a hole of rusty nails, I zeroed in on this, It was ringing up as copper. It's pretty roached and I have no idea what it is. The word "STANDARD" is clear on one side. A far as the other, I'm not sure which way it faces. It is pretty thin and 1 inch in diameter. Actually 0.99 inch with my caliper. The battery died before I could get a thickness.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• standard-side1.jpg
    standard-side1.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 62
  • standard-side2.jpg
    standard-side2.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Found it!
It's a Luck Token!
A little Photoshop magic below and a shot of the "STANDARD" side. In the animation, look on the right at the M in "ME" and the inner ring.
It says "Carry Me" and I think that I will!
I'm still in need of a date if anyone can help with that. The site where I got the pic only listed the manufacturer as being in Chicago.

Attachments

• lucky-amimated.gif
    lucky-amimated.gif
    747.1 KB · Views: 18
  • luck.jpg
    luck.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Upvote 6

Attachments

• 000aaa.jpg
    000aaa.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Upvote 5
Sidebar:
The manufacturer of this token, Green Duck Co. ,was founded in Chicago in 1906 by George G. Greenburg and Harvey Ducgheisel.
During World War II, Green Duck supplied the U.S. Army's 101st and 82nd airborne divisions with metal "crickets" with which they signaled each other on the D-Day landing and afterward (they were so named because they looked and sounded like children's toys resembling a cricket). Two clicks signified a fellow American; four clicks meant a German soldier was nearby.
Don in SoCal.

Upvote 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back