nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any help would be Appreciated, I found this today, it's just alittle bigger than a common quarter, It took alot of cleaning to pull the detail that is shown. I can make out the word that looks like republican or Republiqueor something similar and than the facial image and the hole made it looks like with a square nail. We have found many Colonial and Rev War relics and coins at this site, but not really sure on this find. Thanks again, Bill

Attachments

• token.JPG
    token.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Could you show the other side? It has similarities to a c. early 1900s France 5 Centimes.

Attachments

• Centimescompare.jpg
    Centimescompare.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
to bad the details are not better on your find but it is a good find indeed!!!:occasion14:

Upvote 0
Weird that it is holed especially with a square nail being in early 19 Hundred's

Upvote 0
Could you show the other side? It has similarities to a c. early 1900s France 5 Centimes.

I haven't been able to pull any detail from the reverse side yet, but I will try again this evening to get something from it. Thanks

Upvote 0
Weird that it is holed especially with a square nail being in early 19 Hundred's
Yes I agree, but I do believe Bramblefind is definitly on the right track of it being French. I dug this at a Colonial/Rev War site that I have found a USA button, Script I Button and coppers from 1732 to 1787.
But, Anything is possible in finding various time periods, so hopefully I can get more detail from it that can make it easier to determine.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back