Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any suggestions on what this is?
I found it at a1700’s home site about 8” down.
It’s copper, tapered thickness and irregular shaped.
Quarter size.
Thank you

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532916540.929532.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532916561.721911.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532916631.578550.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532916681.719426.jpg

In that negative/yellow & black photo I seem to see some devices that would lead me to believe it's showing a US Two Cent coin. You can see part of the shield as well as the banner on the top.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's A tough one.

Upvote 0
try a new pic lighting the surface from the side to get more contrast. 2 cent does look possible but I can not tell for sure at all.

Upvote 0
How about a measurement at it's widest point?

Upvote 0
From where I'm sitting, Fimiracl naiied it. I think you found a 2 cent piece.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
If I'm reading your calipers correctly, I'm seeing 26mm. That's too big for a 2 cent piece, which is 23mm. Maybe a badly worn large cent? :dontknow:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If I'm reading your calipers correctly, I'm seeing 26mm. That's too big for a 2 cent piece, which is 23mm. Maybe a badly worn large cent? :dontknow:

One possibility is that someone put this on a railroad track and it didn’t take a direct hit and squished only half of it. That could explain the wider diameter and the tapered thickness.? Thanks again for your input.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back