✅ SOLVED Coin id help please!!🙏

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Himself found this tiny coin on Sunday… but he hasnt been able to id it… would anyone be able to help! Its 11 mm diameter and confimed Silver.

Thanks in advance xx
23A74BB0-9572-4476-9096-28F162896E0F.jpeg
36ECC58A-3E07-4B0B-AF08-FD384F61D047.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool find, and I’m afraid he is going to crow about it!

Looks to be a sceat with a ‘female centaur [note the pair of boobs] surrounded by palm fronds’ obverse. This probably isn’t your exact coin, but it’s a similar design type:

Sceat.jpg

That one is Series S, Type 47 from between 710-760 AD with a reverse design ‘whorl of four stylised wolf heads, their beaded tongues meeting in the centre’. Diameter 12mm, weight 1.01g. Your reverse is too corroded for me to comment further but probably ‘Crusader’ will be able to type it more precisely.

Upvote 7
Cool find, and I’m afraid he is going to crow about it!

Looks to be a sceat with a ‘female centaur [note the pair of boobs] surrounded by palm fronds’ obverse. This probably isn’t your exact coin, but it’s a similar design type:

View attachment 2065254

That one is Series S, Type 47 from between 710-760 AD with a reverse design ‘whorl of four stylised wolf heads, their beaded tongues meeting in the centre’. Diameter 12mm, weight 1.01g. Your reverse is too corroded for me to comment further but probably ‘Crusader’ will be able to type it more precisely.
Ahh thank you, that’s brilliant Thank you…. I will tell him it’s a Victorian button.. 😉 xx

Upvote 9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back