Coin Cut Art

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met this guy in my travels across the Heartland in Indiana. I thought what he did was really cool. Sat and watched him he hand cuts each coin with a tiny saw no machine die cutting. Here are some pics of his work.

CoinArt1.jpg

coinart3.jpg

CoinArt4.jpg

CoinArt6.jpg

CoinArt8.jpg

CoinArt9.jpg

Very interesting. By looking at first 3 pics, I first thought this guy was making those coins to become proofs. Makes a deep cameo looking by, somehow polishing the background with power tools. But then I read the description ;D. I think this art requires skill and is a brilliant idea to make necklaces and pedants from silver coins.

His name is Jeremy and he has a unique personality as all artists do. Great guy here is a link to his facebook page where you can check out more of his work.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Coin-Cut-Art/132275813450345

Wow! Pretty slick. I like the half dollar with the eagle. That guy is good at it. I would like to see how he does it.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

I've always admired what those guys in solitary can do...

is there any way he would sell some of these as i would love a puzze one. these are so cool.

Yes he definately sells them, just tell him what you want either send him the coin or he can do one of his own if he has the particular date and style coin.

On his facebook page he has a link to where he was featured on one of the Michigan news channels and they show him cutting.

He has quite an inventory of cut coins and one of the coolest state quarter displays I have ever seen, all 50 state coins reverse side is cut out set in a wooden handmade plaque.

I cant say how impressed I was with this guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back