Coin and Token? ID? SOLVED

Re: Coin and Token? ID?

King George copper I think :icon_scratch: not shure on the year but someome will :thumbsup:
HH!! Swingit

Upvote 0

Arthur Neto said:
The bottom one is the 1722 Great Britain farthing, I believe

1722GreatBritainFarthing.jpg

Upvote 0

They are both King George III halfpennies. Iron Patch is correct. Nice finds.

Upvote 0

Thanks for all info.The first one with hole is thin copper,the other one is thick heavy metal.
Why the difference? ???

Upvote 0

dirt diva said:
Thanks for all info.The first one with hole is thin copper,the other one is thick heavy metal.
Why the difference? ???

Because they are counterfeits, and hence under-weight.

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy said:
dirt diva said:
Why the difference? ???

Oh well :tard:Thanks for all the help :thumbsup:As I know nothing about coins. ???

Upvote 0

dirt diva said:
BuckleBoy said:
dirt diva said:
Why the difference? ???

Oh well :tard:Thanks for all the help :thumbsup:As I know nothing about coins. ???
I think he means they are very old counterfeits. :) Counterfeiting was very common back in those days. Very nice finds Diva. :thumbsup: http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinIntros/CtfBrit.intro.html

Upvote 0

bigcypresshunter said:
dirt diva said:
BuckleBoy said:
dirt diva said:
Why the difference? ???

I think he means they are very old counterfeits. :) Counterfeiting was very common back in those days.

Yes, this is a 1700's counterfeit--not a modern copy...still a 200+ year old find. :)

Upvote 0
Just add 9 years later :-)the first one thin is a counterfeit( non official call non regal) 5-6 -7grams but the second one look like a regal one or official probably around 10 grams

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back