coal token

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
i post this in the token spot before. and i post it on the white,s site and got a reply that it was one of four made and makes it a R-10. the book he was using was from 1977 as i recall. and the min was 60$ in that book. i wonder if the min was for one in bad shape or what? any info , i thank you :) i might have got the post from this site. i should have looked at some of my post :-\

Attachments

• coal token fern hill.jpg
    coal token fern hill.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 498
  • coal token fern hill the back.jpg
    coal token fern hill the back.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 500
Good one, Jon! In the 1997 edition of Edkins Catalogue of United States Coal Company Store Scrip, Third Edition, Volume I this token is still listed as an R-10 (1-4 known), and the rarity/value for R-10 coal tokens is given as "$60 or more."

PBK said:
Good one, Jon! In the 1997 edition of Edkins Catalogue of United States Coal Company Store Scrip, Third Edition, Volume I this token is still listed as an R-10 (1-4 known), and the rarity/value for R-10 coal tokens is given as "$60 or more."
thanks pbk. but is the 60$ mean in bad shape? i also got one from the same coal co , for five cents that needs cleaning. thank you for the reply. :) you have been a big help to me :)

Thanks! Check your Private Messages for some extra info on the token.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back