tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well not a lot of folks staying busy these day, but I did get a call from a contractor who needed a few things, so this morning I headed up to ten thousand plus feet up in to the snow county. Down at the lower elevations the temps will be in the sixties with pretty blue skies. Strange times we're in, as it was unbelievably quiet during the morning rush hour of the Denver metro. Not whole lot of traffic and that must feel like heaven to these OTR truckers. Its like they've got the freeways all to themselves. I sure do appreciate those drivers doing what they can to keep all the folk supplied with the essential needs so many of us gotta have.

Attachments

• 20200324_101955.jpg
    20200324_101955.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200324_124357.jpg
    20200324_124357.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
You know and my truck drivers were talkin about that and it turns out that when the end of the world comes, there will always be one idiot out there on the road that screws it up for everybody, haha!

You know and my truck drivers were talkin about that and it turns out that when the end of the world comes, there will always be one idiot out there on the road that screws it up for everybody, haha!
Ya can't avoid it I guess.

God bless them gear jammers.

Don't forget that tune CW sang about that road over in your neck of the woods

Beautiful area! :icon_thumleft:

Don't forget that tune CW sang about that road over in your neck of the woods
I have had a couple of close calls up on that pass it lives up to its legend respect it greatly.

I have had a couple of close calls up on that pass it lives up to its legend respect it greatly.
Yeah it can be a real white knuckle drive. I've been over wolfcreek countless times and did business with kiewit when all that construction and new tunnel was driven. I'd sometimes take a break and hike up into treasure falls for a little exercise. Its really pretty up that trail when things start warming up with the falls at full run off and pretty wild flowers around.

my brother -in -law used to live in Durango. first trip out there I kept trying to view the scenery up thru the pass. not a good idea when you're driving. it is a LONG way down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back