Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont

Attachments

• August 05 large cents.jpg
    August 05 large cents.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0
Your off and runnin Lance! Great find and pic!

;)

Comfy,

you did it, nice coin.

Hope you enjoy your new camera; just got mine about a month and a half ago and still learning, enjoy.

Take a look at free download of "Picasa2", for working with your photos.

have a good un................
SHFERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

NICE FIND.

I like Microsoft Photo Editor For Balancing the Pics lighting

Altho, I'm still Learning yet Also

Attachments

• indexf.jpg
    indexf.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 396
Very good picture, and coin too! I like my camera ALMOST as mush as my MD. Of course if I was on a camera forum, I might say the opposite... :) Keep up the good work!

That is my favorite "TYPE" one cent coin because the image of lady Liberty is so pretty. Most of the large cents, the portrait is just Butt-Ugly. :-[

That sure is an nice shape too, any idea of the value?

bmanofnbc said:
That is my favorite "TYPE" one cent coin because the image of lady Liberty is so pretty. Most of the larg cents, the portrait is just Butt-Ugly. :-[

That sure is an nice shape too, any idea of the value?

It has fine details which redbooks for$150, but with the pitting it probably brings it to a very good overall which lists at $60.00. In any case, the draped bust are my favorite also. Thanks...Lance

Hey Lance,

beautiful coin ...

I have good luck with the pics by taking one of those desk lights (the ones with the folding spring loaded arms) and shining it across the item at an angle. This provides the extra light and also throws a slight shadow on the raised parts to show the relief. I actually use two, one on each side and move them around until the image looks the best in the camera (mine is on a little stand that I made so I could adjust the height)

Just some ideas ....

Agree with Shermanville!
Picasa2 download is really awesome. I've had it for two months now. I can take photos off my old computer by putting them on a disk and downloading them to Picasa2 on my new computer in a jiffy with no hassles. Editing is easy and has lots of options. You can even remove redeye, etc.. Soon as you connect the cord to my computer and turn on my daughter's digi camera Picasa2 automatically comes on the screen and starts to downloading the pictures. It takes about 1 minute. Recommend you check it out. No, I do not own stock in the company, I'm just impressed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back