Claudette brings lots of silver

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
Our beaches here on the Florida Panhandle have been horribly sanded in and pathetically productive all summer so I was hoping for a tropical storm to stir up the gulf a bit. Last week I got my wish when Claudette popped up and sped up the coast from Tampa to the Panhandle within 24 hours
The center of the storm passed by in the middle of the night and I was out at my secret, undisclosed beach by 1:30 the next afternoon. A five foot storm surge had taken about 3 feet of sand off the front of the beach in a strip about 70 feet wide. Psyched!
Here are the results- three silver bands, a silver turquoise ring, a silver earring, a silver bracelet, and a heavy Italian silver men's necklace:

claudettefindsresized.JPG
Claudetteringsresized.JPG

All were found high in the wet sand- it was far too rough to get in the water. Of course I was disappointed I didn't find any of the gold I know is there, but I'll have other chances this fall and winter.
As a good example of how much beach conditions affect your success rate, I returned 7 days later to the same location and found that 2 feet of sand had been put back on the beach, and the shallow water was heavily sanded as well. Targets were few because they had been reburied.
Awaiting the next big waves, I am,
Yours sincerely,
Mr Bling

Upvote 0
Nice! :icon_thumright:

I was talking to the wife tonight and she put the bug in my ear to hit the beach after Labor Day weekend is over. She thinks there will be lots of loot to find then.

When opportunity knocks........Nice job on the haul.....jgas

I moved from PC about 8 years ago.......Never detected the beaches there......shame! You found a nice bunch of silver.....definitely nothing to be ashamed of! :icon_thumright:

HH,
Moon

Very nice bling! I am waiting for our own tropical storm this weekend here in the northeast. Will be hitting the beach sunday I hope.

wtg sweet finds.

hey bones it must be in the air mines been saying the same thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back