Claim Holder ?

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quick question in regards to my claim. My buddy no longer wants to pay his share of the fees for our claim. I talked to a person at the CA BLM office and he said have him right a simple document stating he no longer has a interest / omit his name from the documents that must be Notarized. Problem is he refuses to document his interest in the matter. I have not called BLM yet in regards to this. I will call BLM i just wanted a little feedback before i call. Thank you.

Upvote 2
Not a very good buddy.
You both currently own the claim jointly. If refuses to pay and refuses to quit his share to you, your options are limited.
You can pay his share and both of you will retain ownership...or... If he wont budge, let the claim lapse and reclaim it immediately for yourself. This will cost you a bit of money but it will cut him out completely.

Claim size comes to mine .
Is it 20 acres-- if more could be a problem but I'm no expert.
Maybe file for the small miner waiver ??

Not a very good buddy.
You both currently own the claim jointly. If refuses to pay and refuses to quit his share to you, your options are limited.
You can pay his share and both of you will retain ownership...or... If he wont budge, let the claim lapse and reclaim it immediately for yourself. This will cost you a bit of money but it will cut him out completely.
Good idea thank you.

It sounds like he just doesn't want to shell out his half of the claim fees. I wonder if he's thinking he can go out and mine by himself, while you end up footing the claim fees bill. Sorry if I sound coarse, but I've encountered people who want something, but don't want to pay the price for having it. Be wary. Keep an eye on the property, and see if while you're not there, it's still being worked.

A better question, can he afford to pay, things are tough financially especially for Californians , losing a dream of owning a mine claim is hard, as you said he's your buddy and maybe he needs help.

"The State of Oregon" code has the following words and phrases defined:
"Holder", "Holder of value", and "Holder in due course".
This could shed some light on the topic.

It sounds like he just doesn't want to shell out his half of the claim fees. I wonder if he's thinking he can go out and mine by himself, while you end up footing the claim fees bill. Sorry if I sound coarse, but I've encountered people who want something, but don't want to pay the price for having it. Be wary. Keep an eye on the property, and see if while you're not there, it's still being worked.
Hi DGD, we had a falling out no biggie. I am keeping a eye open and if he is prospecting i will leave him a note.

The word "Amenable" as recognized within most Courts means subject to answer to the law; accountable; responsible; liable to punishment and I will not bore anyone with a given "Case Law" here.

There could be a amended "Affidavit" claim recorded to reflect the first hand facts of the above, however ask you friend first the question just how much of his / her time does it take to cover the $82.50?

You will loose your friend quickly if you amend the claim with an updated "Affidavit".

You could also ask your friend how many hours at the local exercise club / gym can you get for just $82.50 compared to a whole years time at the claim?

You could also test your friend for a year by paying the fees with a notice to your friend what could happen the next year of coming up with the fees. This is my preference or choice.

To bad you can't salt the ground at the claim with something nice and take a photo with you in it and send it to your friend.........:tongue3::laughing7:

Bottom line my so called friend is a narcissist i don't need that kind of friend. Thank you guys for all the feedback and suggestions. I will reclaim it next year as suggested. Good luck in the field.
Man I would be grateful for someone like you that doesn't mind doing some work and paying the fees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back