Clad for gold....

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I had a few minutes (40) today so I hit my mom's front yard, I couldn't believe it when I hit a wheatie right off the bat....then to my delight another and another. In all out of 17 coins found in that 40 minute time span I had 9 wheaties and a 1953 rosie. And to think it was right there all the time I was playing/growing up in that yard.
I cut the MDing short so i could hit a local coin shop where I cashed in some clad for gold. One of these days I'll dig a gold coin of my own. Happy Hunting. Dan

Upvote 0
Nice finds.. I've hit my moms yard time and time again and came up with nothing... She lives in a house built in 1904.. Glad you had better luck.. HH

Nice finds. I too am letting my clad accumulate so I can pick me up a nice gold piece.

Will the coin shops take the clad that is deteriorated such as pennies? The banks and credit unions get really PO'd because they won't feed through their coin counters.

I think coin dealers will take those kind of coins jimmileo. It must take alot of clad to pay for a gold coin, cheepest gold coin I know is the 1/10 Ounce Gold Eagle for $55.00 ;D HH!!

Attachments

• goldcoins.jpg
    goldcoins.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 160

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back