Civil War SWAGED BULLETS one was pulled

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to one of my favorite CW sites and had been working an area on the outskirts of a Union Camp I thought might be a picket post. I ran into a bit of modern junk but dug two 58 cal 3 ringers. one was "pulled" the marks of the "worm" or pigtail clearly visible. The other is a "drop". Both bullets are swaged, so called as they were made by a machine that pushed the finished bullet out of the mold in mass production.

Attachments

• cwbm.jpg
    cwbm.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 55
  • swage.jpg
    swage.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 19
I went to one of my favorite CW sites and had been working an area on the outskirts of a Union Camp I thought might be a picket post. I ran into a bit of modern junk but dug two 58 cal 3 ringers. one was "pulled" the marks of the "worm" or pigtail clearly visible. The other is a "drop". Both bullets are swaged, so called as they were made by a machine that pushed the finished bullet out of the mold in mass production.
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Gotta Love digging CW lead. The pulled bullet is an extra. Years ago we were hunting West Atlanta at some Confetrit' works. We had been hunting and had come up from behind the works. We had stopped for a break just in front of the works. I had cut my detector on about 3 feet in front of the works and took one swipe with the coil, just as the hill began to drop off and got a great signal. I dug one of the nicest pulled Enfield bullets that I have found. I didn't mean to go on, but you took me back a while. Thanks. Congrat's on the CW lead and the swagged and pulled bullets. Well Done. Continue to hit this same area.

Very cool bullets. I've never seen a "swaged" one. I learned something new here today.
Thanks for the post and congrats to you, :icon_thumright:
MM

Gotta Love digging CW lead. The pulled bullet is an extra. Years ago we were hunting West Atlanta at some Confetrit' works. We had been hunting and had come up from behind the works. We had stopped for a break just in front of the works. I had cut my detector on about 3 feet in front of the works and took one swipe with the coil, just as the hill began to drop off and got a great signal. I dug one of the nicest pulled Enfield bullets that I have found. I didn't mean to go on, but you took me back a while. Thanks. Congrat's on the CW lead and the swagged and pulled bullets. Well Done. Continue to hit this same area.
Those are some great memories , I don't recall digging a pulled Enfield but any Rebel type bullet is a huge + . MAN! . I wish it was the 80's again . or even 2000's .

Have a good one .

& LOVE THE SWAGGED TYPE MINNIES , They are rare here around Atlanta .

Those are some great memories , I don't recall digging a pulled Enfield but any Rebel type bullet is a huge + . MAN! . I wish it was the 80's again . or even 2000's .

Have a good one .

& LOVE THE SWAGGED TYPE MINNIES , They are rare here around Atlanta .
You and me both Brother. Good to hear from you. You have a good day as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back