Civil War Ring ID

Jones Indiana

Dec 24, 2010
Civil War Wedding Ring ID

Ring recovered at the Battle of North Anna Va (bought from the finder) with "Nemo" inscribed inside:

$T2eC16J,%21zcE9s4g0vSTBQiZzm7llg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

The Thirty-second Maine Regiment of
Infantry Volunteers (which where a part of this battle)

An Historical Sketch
By Henry Clarence Houston

Page 505 Shows a Edward "Nemo"

2lo0wo2.jpg

Deserted before the battle. Maybe the marriage was the reason for the desertion?

Maybe do some more research...........

Attachments

• ring nemo.jpg
    ring nemo.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Upvote 3
Pretty kewl find.. I have seen 100s of these type of rings from the 19th century used for civilian reasons and dug quite a few similar style rings around old house sites and even in civil war camps but i can say none of them had anyones name on them! the one Mark1985 found is got first initials and last name along with CO.K.57.MASS on it! i can only dream of finding one like that.

Last edited:
Have seen a ring with a sealed picture on it found at a civil war site. Never seen or heard of any other ring like that. Not to downplay Mark's find.

Know a man that found General Nathan B. Forrest's side arm........how he did it was amazing.

Something you can employ when looking for super rare Civil War items.

metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Sure have a piece of history in your collection Jones Indiana. Just imagine - someone during the war actually wore it, had a family, etc. Neat!

That is defiantly a great piece of history. Thanks for sharing

Don't beleieve he was a "desertor" The 32nd Maine left State for Washington DC on April 20th 1864 and the ring was found on the battle field of North Ana Va.

More research when one has the time:)

Source: 32nd Maine Infantry Regiment

Ok. Since your not from Maine the ring shouldn't have any real worth to you.....just an ole ring....not shiny or anything. Since I'm from Maine originally I guess I will take it off your hands. If you want I'll give you my mailing address so you can just send that onto me. I will selflessly pay for shipping.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

There were four different actions that took place during this battle. Skirmishes. Do you know where you found the ring exactly. It would help nail down what part of the unit fought Lees forces m

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back