Civil War Relics Dug In Wisconsin

Z

ZumbroKid

The south is not the only place to find Buttons and other CW items. These i dug over the last 3-4 years. Most were found with my old Radio Shack bounty hunter machine. Sites were house demo type hunting sites after the yards were shaved down. Buckle is a sash plate (thin brass). Several officer General service buttons, eagle buttons, eagle infantry button. One with a two on it (believe could be 2nd Wisconsin regiment). The eagle pin was not dug, found that one at a rummage sale. One Illinois State seal button, my Wisconsin state seal button is not pictured, I have to find a photo of that. Thought I'd get the photos all togather in one spot, now that it is snowing and hunting seems over for the most part.

Attachments

• CW buckle and buttons.jpg
    CW buckle and buttons.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,788
  • assorted buttons.jpg
    assorted buttons.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,364
  • eagle button a.jpg
    eagle button a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,511
  • eagle I button.jpg
    eagle I button.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,655
  • two buttons.jpg
    two buttons.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,001
Upvote 0
Nice finds FTD,
Most of my finds have been bullets, the good finds, like brass and gold seem to elude me.
HH
SS

used to live in wisconsin,nothin' like that. great finds ,keep it up !!!!

Great digs, WTG!!!
I have one eagle button that my cousin found here in a local park...
Their were a few CW training camps, and prison camps in the area, and we have found a few CW bullets.
I'm thinking of hitting a few of the areas again, after reading post on here, and learning a few more tricks...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice relics Free.

Since this was a great find ,considering no battles were fought during the civil war in Wisconsin ...I am encouraged.
They just opened a new Civil War museum in Racine Pete...You might want to consider borrowing them your relics...and get the kudos while they are on display!
WTG

The "2" button is a 19th century French regimental button.

Oh My gosh, I made another interesting discovery, i thought it had to do with the 2nd Wis regiment from the iron brigade.

These reside in a private collection in Nevada now.

who says more expensive is better? i know radio shack mds cost at the most 400 bucks if that. nice find free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back