✅ SOLVED Civil War Or Veterans Medal???

Spats

May 8, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This portion of a medal was found in a Civil War camp that was used by both Union and Confederate troops. This camp is in a wooded area with no modern finds other than shotgun shells. The white material on the front may be mother of pearl, wood, or other. It was held on by two small brass pins, one of which remains. The shiny or wet looking area next to the white material is from a poor job of gluing on of the white stuff after it fell off when dug. I can't find a similar medal anywhere. Any ideas on age or origin based on the design and the type attachment? Thanks.

Attachments

• Medal I .jpg
    Medal I .jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Medal II.jpg
    Medal II.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Medal III.jpg
    Medal III.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 70
I believe it's part of an early 1900's "delegate" badge... delegate in quotes, as the title varies. But basically for a conference or reunion type thing. Many were veterans related, but I have seen the same badge top on veteran and non-veteran group gatherings, so I don't think any specific group could be a certain attribution. antique delegate badge - Google Search

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I see a lot of similar badges when searching. I had searched medals (wishful thinking) and had not thought to search badges. I'll probably never know if it is veteran related, but it appears the vast majority were for club conventions. So unless other information comes through, I'm going to assume it is from an organization.

Upvote 0
I SAY SO MYSELF. BUT ITS A NEAT PIN.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back