Civil War near Bucks county PA??

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hi all its MA_hunter001,

Just wanted to know if there was any Civil War activity in/near Bucks County area/ Jamison County.
Right down the street is a house which George Washington stayed at & his troops camped along the river. (I can't detect there though because its an archaeological site. :( )

But i have a quick question: Are rivers/streams considered town property or prvt property, if they are right on the property or right off of it ??? Because I was thinking of just following the stream up and around the house. I mean the stream isn't directly on the property but very close to it. :-\ Kinda confused asking for some help. :)

Thanks,
MA_hunter001

Upvote 0
MA_Hunter,in my experience, if the river runs right next to it, then the ownder will claim it. your best bet would be to ask and see if it is owned by the archeological society. if its not, then time to md. if it is, find the areas where it isn't owned and hunt there. best of luck.

here is an EXample from my area.

This Tax Map shows areas along main creeks & Rivers, have a

NO TAX "No Results Found" TAG when I check.

Meaning NOT owned by the Borough or anyone else.

Just like the roads.

But lesser streams are owned by the property owners

Attachments

• xexample.jpg
    xexample.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 282
  • xxxmpl.jpg
    xxxmpl.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 301
No, but I used to live around there. Thanks for the info coindetector and Jeff of pa, Really appreciated!! :) Well now I'm definitely going to hunt Neshaminy State Park. (Even though other people hit it, I betchea they didn't find everything! :))
Thanks everyone. HH

Ma_hunter001

Whites detectors are Awesome!!

then its good to go. happy hunting and make sure to share what you find.

try putting on your waders and walking down the middle of the stream in a lot of states the land on both sides can be owned but not the actual stream bed do not know about pa laws

Vrent thats a great idea... i found some pottery pieces in another stream, but the water was way to deep to use for my detector... if you have any ideas feel free to post them. HH

MA_hunter001

Another thing to consider........

If you cant get direct access to the campsite area, check any area in all directions that are outside of the property that you may be able to hunt. Check to see in which directions Washington's army came and went. They lost alot of stuff on these rigourous marches and retreats. I have even heard of a few stories of the Colonial armies burying a cannon or two to make thier retreat faster and to keep the guns from falling into British hands. For Pete's sake man, I hope you find something awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back