Civil War "Military Memorial & War Record"

sueedgington

Oct 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I am new to the forum and I was really hoping that someone here with more knowledge than myself can tell me something about this document. I came across this at an antique mall and was immediately drawn to it.. Not knowing enough about it I decided to do some research before making the purchase. I can find very little about this or its value. If any body can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Truly a fascinating piece of history, I just dont want to severely overpay for something that might be a lot more common than I realize. I know that these were printed somewhere around 1882-1883 and that it is a "Military Memorial" but thats about all I know...

71.2009.081.0670_View1_.jpg

Thanks so much for any help you can give!!! :help:

Upvote 0
I can't believe there isn't anyone out there that has seen this or knows anything about it. Seems like it would be relatively common but maybe I am wrong? ???

Sorry, I have never saw one either. if it didn't cost an arm and a leg and I wanted it I would get it...d2

I have a framed blank copy of this Military Memorial War Record from my grandfather estate sale in 1960. Do not know how long he owned it as it was discovered in their basement. I am planning on donating it to our church's annual art sale auction next month. If anyone has an idea of its value, would appreciate any help in pricing it properly for our auction. Thank you in advance for any information you are willing to share.

I have one from my GGGG Uncle Andrew Bilyeu of The 22nd Illinois Infantry Company "D". Injured at Stone River Dec, 31, 1862 and the Battle of Chickamauga Sep. 19, 1963.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back