Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• E46186DA-15FF-44C3-811C-5847CD8EF8D0.jpeg
    E46186DA-15FF-44C3-811C-5847CD8EF8D0.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 136
Yea, simple mistake it's just hard to tell if it;s 12 inches or 20.
GL WID

Upvote 0
Looks like it is sitting on a standard 20" by 20" (ish) outdoor seat cushion, so it is a big item. If iron, probably a wagon or farm implement piece? Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
Is the non handle end broken?

Upvote 0
It’s made of heavy metal. The handle is roughly 5 inches or so (long enough for a hand to fit and hold). This puzzled me as well. Don’t know if I should clean it up or leave it as is.22263ADF-7C65-4664-82ED-FF6A5A977DE1.jpeg86678768-78AE-4C85-A30E-346752B00280.jpeg

Upvote 0
Those are better pics! Looks like a casting seam on the handle so I'm guessing it was made with the curve.

Is the end broken? Or is the 'V notch' made that way?

Very curious piece...

Upvote 0
The general shape looks like it would work as a cultivator... although the tip looks more like would be on a weeding tool. I wonder if additional tines were clamped onto this originally?

edit: I’m guessing a weed puller

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A Gardening / or 'reaper ' type cutting tool. For Harvesting Watermelons , Pumpkins , Sugar Cane / Sugar Beets ???

Upvote 0
The only problem with the reaping/cutting idea is that if you look at how your hand fits in the handle the curved portion would be curved toward you and not toward the ground.

Upvote 0
A metal one at that! Objects should all come with a description tag attached! Haha. It bothers me not knowing what this is! Lol.

Upvote 0
Shingle lifter for slate or tar-paper roofs? aka "Slater's Ripper"

A version of this . . .
31JP40N1TYL._SX355_.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shingle lifter for slate or tar-paper roofs? aka "Slater's Ripper"

A version of this . . .
31JP40N1TYL._SX355_.jpg

Charlie is THE MAN! Shingle/slate ripper tool! Awesome ID.

That also explains why it's bent like that...

84a-slate-ripper.jpg

Upvote 0
definitely a slate nail puller that was bent up. i used quite a few doing slate repairs and recognized it right away. when you have to change a broken slate roof tile the hooked end is inserted underneath the slate you catch the nail with the hooked end and beat it out by hitting the puller at the bend just above the handle.

Upvote 0
Charle P. I think you’ve cracked the code! It looks exactly like that minus the bend. I think you’ve put the questioning to rest. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Charlie P. nailed it i believe.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back