IMG_0990.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
I don't think that's CW. Looks like a more modern "wadcutter"

HH, RN

Upvote 0
43rdGorgia, first, let me extend a personal welcome to another T-Net member who publically honors his (or her) Confederate-soldier ancestry. :) My primary Confederate-soldier ancestor served his country in the 44th Georgia Infantry regiment, Provisional Army of the Confederate States.

Your bullet find is in fact a moderm one made for use by Blackpowder Rifle shooters. It is a "wadcutter" type because its flat nose punches a clean round hole in the target, making it easy to score the shot from a distance. You can view your modern Blackpowder semi-wadcutter Minie-bullet at the bottom of the chart at the following modern bullet sales website, as bullet number 575494.
Ol' Buffalo Bullet Mold Tables

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ahhh! ok. that looks like the one! the patina on it made it look really old. thnks guys.

Upvote 0
43rdGorgia, first, let me extend a personal welcome to another T-Net member who publically honors his (or her) Confederate-soldier ancestry. :) My primary Confederate-soldier ancestor served his country in the 44th Georgia Infantry regiment, Provisional Army of the Confederate States.

Your bullet find is in fact a moderm one made for use by Blackpowder Rifle shooters. It is a "wadcutter" type because its flat nose punches a clean round hole in the target, making scoring the shot easy. You can view your modern Blackpowder semi-wadcutter Minie-bullet at the bottom of the chart at the following modern bullet sales website, as bullet number 575494.
Ol' Buffalo Bullet Mold Tables

thank you so much cannonballguy. im proud of my confederate ancestry!. and thanks for the link.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back