Cigar Ash Tray...

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I found this a few weeks ago, and it gave me a huge number 99 on my Garrett AT Pro. I was expecting it to be a piece of lead pipe, or some other type of garbage. When I dug down, it was upside down, but I didn't know that then. When I finally got it out and flipped it over, this old weathered Native American was revealed...
It has: Y H & B W YORK PA
I did a bunch of researching for a name and age of this item, but it has been fruitless...

Hoping someone here can chime in, and also, please post anything you all found that is similar!!
Thanks for checking this out

Attachments

• 1438813020176.jpg
    1438813020176.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 101
I bet it is. I had one and was contacted by someone to purchase. They are very collectable and yours is very nice. I am sure a positive I.D will come soon .

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick replies... I thought it might have had a match stand too, just from others I found online when looking for this one...

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about the YH, but the BW might be Brass or Bronze Works.

Upvote 0
Think I got it now... With your post Cuda... I came up with York Hardware and Brass Works... 1913-1922. I will check into this company more now!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Makes sense! Glad I could help in a small way.

Upvote 0
they used that casting mold for several variations and metals it would seem...
ashtray #1.jpg...download (1).jpg...download.jpg...images (1).jpg...your advertising piece may or may not have been made by the company named on it...interested to find out..
XXXWEL00250.jpg

Upvote 0
Interesting... I wonder why mine has the initials and those others dont have it at all. This one was found in the back yard of an old hotel.

Upvote 0
any chance that was the yorktowne hotel?if so research if that famous hotel was partnered with another of the sames eras

Upvote 0
No. Small local hotel here, built in the 1880's I believe... I don't know where Yorktown is

Upvote 0
More I think of it now though, I wish it was from there, and this item would be like a missing link!! Darn it! :-) :-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back