89.3 KB · Views: 118
  • bbbbb3.gif
    bbbbb3.gif
    84.6 KB · Views: 101
  • bbbbb2.jpg
    bbbbb2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I'm not sure how to market these. I am a little afraid of EBay's new policies (heavily favors buyers and leaves sellers open to scammers). I can scrap locally at 95% of spot
but it seems a shame to destroy these. Again the 9K is a first for me so I'm not sure how the refiner (scrapper) would treat it. Any suggestions?

If you don't feel comfortable with eBay you could always look into live auctions or other avenues. If I were you I'd just hold onto them. Nice weight & a good investment.

Ebay is perfectly fine if you know what your doing. I have yet to be taken as a seller. Selling these pieces to a refiner would be a crime imho. I would list these pieces at a minimum of double the scrap value and sell them accordingly. Any vintage/antique costume jewelry made with pm's will always sell well. The 9k brooch is probably Scottish, since the form is of a thistle. Your 3rd photo shows it in the upside down position. Hope this helps. If you want to sell them for scrap, pm me i'll buy them right now for 100% scrap value. That's how confident I am on the actual values.

Thanks Diggummup I value your opinion! I'm having a brief love affair with these pieces at the moment ( I'll get over it) These won't be scrapped. Here is one more photo of the Hallmark on the 9K. Sorry about the photo, best we could do quickly. It reads: W. B. s 9 .375 anchor symbol ( Birmingham) V (I think 1920)

Attachments

• CIMG7146a (1).jpg
    CIMG7146a (1).jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 78

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back