chunk of raw copper

detectoman

Jun 7, 2004
Southern California
Hello everyone, this is the fisrt time I've posted a find. Been reading about all of the great finds that everyone has found for some time now, thought I'd give it a try. Went out this morning to a field in grand terrace california and found this piece of raw copper about 10 inches down. It was one piece until I sawed it in half and the other pieces broke off. Never found anything like this before. ? ?Jim

Attachments

• IM000001d.JPG
    IM000001d.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IM000002d.JPG
    IM000002d.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
The Indians used copper, you might have an old tool, shovel or hoe type of thing that's beyond recognition that could be several hundred years old. Don't know what kind of area you are detecting in but, you might look around and get smart with the terrain features as you could be close to an old Indian village. OR, it's just a piece of crap, LOL! HH and hope you look around, Mike

It's a suburb next to riverside california. That south cal. The field is full of plowed beer cans, all cut to pieces. Had a heck of a time detecting with all the modern trash. The house up front is going to be demolished. I did the yards a couple of weeks ago and found clad and one indian head penny. First 1800's coin..Jim

Cool cooper chunks.

Nice finds DetectoMan, I wouldnt go spreading the news out to far on the location. The last thing you want is a stip mine near ya. LOL :D

Cool find though. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back