Christmas Eve Find

cloudboy

Feb 1, 2018
Western KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went for a Christmas Eve morning walk and found this! At my usual hotspot, dirt road along a branch in a creek bottom.

Was not far from this point I'd found there: https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/second-broken-point-along-dirt-road.672631/ and it seems to be the same flint material. I wonder if these points were created by the same people around the same time?

Possibly a Bakers' Creek Point?

It's in Western KY

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Upvote 15
Just looking at the first point I found and linked in the initial post. If it's a Camp Creek and this is a Bakers' Creek, that would date them to about the same time, 500 BC - 500 AD. They are the same flint material and were found quite close to each other, along with lots of debitage with the same coloration and spotting.

1st picture, far right edge. Looks like a rock with a round hole drilled in it.
Probably nothing. Just thought I’d point it out. Possibly just the camera angle made it look good.
Nice point find.

Nice and clean. Must of been sitting there quite a while. Most of the ones I find are covered with creek dust. Good find

Nice and clean. Must of been sitting there quite a while. Most of the ones I find are covered with creek dust. Good find
I've looked this area over a few times but it's sort of a long road (was used for cattle for decades) and the rain keeps washing out more and more of the bank of it, exposing new rocks constantly. It's rained quite a bit lately so the rocks were all really clean. I was tickled pink to find it. If I've found dozens of shards and 3 points on 1 narrow road, there's no telling what's in the adjacent field. I really need to plow it up.

I've looked this area over a few times but it's sort of a long road (was used for cattle for decades) and the rain keeps washing out more and more of the bank of it, exposing new rocks constantly. It's rained quite a bit lately so the rocks were all really clean. I was tickled pink to find it. If I've found dozens of shards and 3 points on 1 narrow road, there's no telling what's in the adjacent field. I really need to plow it up.
Just so you know what to look for on a point before the rain washes them off. This is what I look for. It’s tough when all of the rocks and points are the same color. Before and after the wash

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0906.jpeg
    IMG_0906.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 16
I was also looking in the branch nearby and found some rocks which are really red. I use similar creek rocks for my own campfires and notice the same reddening effect on them. I wonder if these rocks could have been heated? The one on the right in this image is the most visible.

fcr.png

I was also looking in the branch nearby and found some rocks which are really red. I use similar creek rocks for my own campfires and notice the same reddening effect on them. I wonder if these rocks could have been heated? The one on the right in this image is the most visible.

View attachment 2122493
Yes I find burnt rocks once in a while in the creeks but mostly in the fields. It’s a campsite thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back