Chloride AZ & Searchlight NV - Anyone know where its ok to MD?

BCKim

Jan 22, 2014
Boulder City, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've heard that both Chloride, AZ and Searchlight, NV have legal places to metal detect. Has anyone been to either of these spots? Don't want to get in trouble with the BLM or private property owners. I'm not necessarily looking for gold (although wouldn't turn it down if I found it!) - mainly MD for relics and rusted metal for art projects. I'm still sort of a beginner MDer and live in Boulder City, NV, so I'm also interested in any good MDing spots in the southern Nevada and western Arizona areas.
Any information would be very helpful. Thanks.

BC-Kim, I can't speak specifically for those 2 cities and environs, other than to notice that you've broken it down into 2 categorie, for the question as it pertains to Chloride and Searchlight: ".... Private & BLM...." Thus just restricting the conversation to those 2 types: a) on private land, you'd technically need permission. b) for BLM land, you are ok to hunt. It's not disallowed. And ..... in fact, even has an express allowance! (versus silence on the subject). Can't argue with that, eh ? However, you're only finding new stuff. I mean, if some archie or ranger approaches you, nothing you've found is over 50 yrs. old. Presto, you'll be within the guidelines for BLM. I highly doubt that anyone's going to follow you around with a calculator doing the math on the ages of coins you find. But still use common sense. I mean, like if there's an archaeologist convention picnic going on at the exact spot you have in mind, well....... skip that spot that day :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back