chinese coin

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
By a park that i like to hunt in. There is a house that is owned by the town i live in. probably about 80 to90 years old. I did not have much luck in the park. and i was heading to my car when i decided to check out the house. not much of a front or back yard. there were no trespassing signs on the house but not on the yard. so i figured i was okay. in the backyard i found a couple of wheaties, went around to the front and found a 52 rosie in okay condition a few more wheaties. my next hit was a big one i pulled 2 chinese copper coins out of the same hole. 1 of the coins says tai ching copper coin. the other has very faded chinese letters on it with 2 flags crossed in the middle. one flag looks american. i'm not sure about the other. i tried to import apicture of the tai ching coin but i'm not having much luck if you google it the coin comes right up. all in all the hour to it took to get to the last 20 minutes was worth it

Upvote 0
Nice job! I always figured that if I started digging Chinese coins, I was digging too deep, lol! WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back