checked a couple of volley ball courts

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
that my wife said were barren, well it was 49 deg. this morn., nice, so on the way to breakfast I thought I'd work over the courts and show her how to find coins. She was right, not a single beep, I thought my Ace was broke but no, not a single beep. Well I only had a little time left so I went back to my coin pit, I can't go back empty handed. I've been to this sand pit twice and have gotten 222 coins out of a small area in a short time. Today was the same, I had twenty minutes to work it and as soon as I turned the md on it would'nt shut up, when I would lay it down it would go off again I ended up with 57 coins from an area 4 by 4.area in 20 min. If I was faster at spotting coins in wet sand I would have gotten a lot more. On a coin per time basis my wife and I have have avg. between 2 to 4 coins a minute at the money pit. I'm saving this spot for days when I'm not doing well elsewhere. I did notice when I left that There were deeper weaker signals so I think the money pit will last awhile. When this pit is cleaned out it will be interesting to see the totals divided by sq. feet.,It's not a large area.

Upvote 0
Yah they do but their little guys and you just have to say BEAT IT and their gone. HA!

I'v hit a few volly ball pits but hardly ever find anything. There seems to be a platoon of phantom detectorists around here that beat me to it. Strangely enough, I've only seen 3 other detectorists in all my daily jaunts. Wonder when they are out and about? Maybe they're ghosts just taunting me? Glad for your success though. JIM

miester said:
If I was faster at spotting coins in wet sand I would have gotten a lot more.

57 coins in 20 Min,,, that is fast in my book...WTG!!!
I have seen people use those sand scoops, they really find' em quick with those, you might think about getting you one for the sand, you could probably dig a hundred coins in 20 Min... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

thats amazing :o - here in ohio they have grass courts - they always seem to be hunted out - also i dont think they r too fanatical about v/b as they may be in other states - but i know thats the first target of many md'ers so - congrats - LBP

I do have a sand scoop that I made from a plastic grain scoop. I like that plastic as I can get a scoopfull and scan it before I go any deeper. But I prefer using my foot so I'm not getting up and down constantly, I want to save my knees for old age when I'll really need them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back