Check those COIN-STARS!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all will laugh......So last night I had all the gear ready to head out today for some swing time and get the doggies out and about. I wake up to snow, wind and just cold. So, that was that and I go back to bed till the wife gets off work. She gets home, and leaves me the "to do list" since I am off today and wasn't leaving to swing. (you guys all know, its best to get out before "they" get home :laughing7:)

So off I go with the list. Dog's left behind and not happy of course. I had a small bag of clad collected over the past few months and since I was going to the store I was going to run it through the coin-star. We have had very little luck lately and the silver has been scarce around our towns two only machines. I enter the store and there I see that "older" coupon looking lady using it. I wait patiently behind her listening to all the rejects hitting the tray. As she takes her time, and more time and more :BangHead:.....I'm thinking i'll just use it and check it later when I'm done shopping. But I see she has left a lot in the tray and let her know she had coins still in the reject. She doesn't say anything to me and looks. Takes a couple handfuls and back into the machine they go.

Now i'm interested since I hear one continue to drop out. Clunk; she puts it back in. Clunk, she puts it back in. Now I'm starting to snicker thinking its garbage or a car wash token. She pulls it out a third time, looks at it and tosses it back into the reject tray. She gets her ticket and leaves the store. So as I empty my bag into the machine, I reach down and pull out the "Clunker". It felt smooth and light so I pocket it....

While waiting for my stuff to go through, I pull this thing out and just start laughing as I see it wasn't a token at all. Turns out to be an 1898 Barber Quarter :hello2:!!! Obviously she was polished at one time, I didn't care. I never would have imagined an older silver in the coin-star!!!!! So i guess not getting out to the desert today actually paid off!!! A quick photo and sent it to my son. I can't repeat what he texted back but I had to rub it in!!!!! Check those COIN-STARS fellas (and gals) :hello:

Attachments

• cs25.jpg
    cs25.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
Upvote 29
Nice score!

Nice scoop!

Hah!!! 🙌

Well done, I keep checking but have been on a skunked run lately but tomorrow is just a few hours away

Congrats on that sweet barber coin star rescue B-man.

Holy grail there I found a 46 dime yesterday crazy huh good job!!!!!

I never pass one up! Congrats!

Nice SCORE!

CONGRATULATIONS

Puts a bright spot in your rainy day!
Nice!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back